• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: What is a G2G, and what G2Gs are happening next??

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
To save confusion, here is a quick guide to what a G2G is, and how to get involved.

G2G = Get together

Members of the forum have started organising meet-ups since early 2008 to give people a chance to meet other people at both a more local and a national level.

G2G1, G2G2, G2G3 etc... are the main forum get togethers. So far there has been two per year, one in March/April time, and another in September/October time. Each of these events has a special subforum within this section of the website - please look in there for more information.

SG2G, SG2G2 etc.... The one's that begin with an S are Scottish get togethers. These all take place in scotland, although they are not restricted to those who live in scotland.

Regional/Other G2G's - besides these above, other people may choose to organise their own events. These are often at a local level - for example i know there have been multiple London g2g's and i have been to a South West England one. Often these are day events, though there are also overnight events like this.

Below is (hopefully) a comprehensive list of upcoming G2G's, with a link to the relevant thread/subforum for them. If you have an event that you feel should be listed here (or your event is listed but no longer going ahead) please ask me (or one of the other Mods) to alter the below list.

Upcoming G2G's

G2G10 - London. Date tbc (October/November 2012)

G2G11 - Without saying too much there are plans afoot! (March/April 2013)

G2G FAQ's
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please feel free to ask, and i shall do my best to add the answer on here!

How old do you have to be to attend a G2G?
This is down to the organisers, but normally for ease of paperwork, it is 18 for overnight events and 16 for day events.

How much does a G2G cost?
This depends completely upon the event. Please see the details of that event for specific costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
Can I just add - don't be scared of coming to your first G2G. I went to mini-London 3 and had a fab time, but was still nervous about going to G2G6 in Wales. I really shouldn't have been, everyone was lovely, I had a fantastic time and really want to go to another one. It can sometimes sound a bit "much", if you read some of the memories threads, but there is no pressure to do anything (drink, stay up late etc) that you don't want to do. So come and have fun with the mad (they are more mad in real life I found!!) people on Guiders :)

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I agree - I don't drink, and I was worried before the first one I went to (G2G3) because of the amount of talk about alcohol etc, but it wasn't a problem at all, and I have been to every one since