• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What items have you seen that have been "jubilee-ised"?

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
I can't believe just how many union flag images are on everything... but latest in shops appears to be jubilee branded goods!

but has anyone seen Kingsmill loaves - currrently "queensmill" [actually thought this one was quite good :)]

and weetabix current strapline is "fuel britannia"

and marmite is "ma-amite"

has anyone else seen any other unusual ones?

Chocolate Moose

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I liked the 'Queensmill' bread too :eek:) Can't recall any that you havent mentioned, although I'm sure I have seen some others. However, yesterday evening at work I came across the most random example I've seen of union flag mania - Andrex loo roll wet wipe things !!! Gave me a giggle when that came through my till ! I'd love to know whether they're printed, or if it's just the packaging ...

Squirrel-Nutkin

there doesn't appear to be many items that don't have a union flag on its packaging!!!!

and the "link" with the jubilee for some is very um-"loose" to say the least!

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
in Asda just now
nappies with the union flag on, like the baby is going to know
bras with union flags on, and some very tasteless mens underwear!

Nadine

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
My husband has informed me that our weekly shop must contain nothing but products with union flags on them! Should make for an interesting week of meals lol

Squirrel-Nutkin

My husband has informed me that our weekly shop must contain nothing but products with union flags on them! Should make for an interesting week of meals lol
especially if you can't find any non-alcoholic drinks with flags on them! lol or should I say "hic"

lots of fruit and veg grown locally all in trays with union flags all over them - so you'll have no problems with veg!!!! also lots of cakes & biscuits - so it might be a very "interesting" diet to say the least! lol

however, have seen some heavy duty cleaning rubber gloves with union flag on them!!!!!

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
I've got the Jubilee Golden Syrup tin - bought a big one to keep!

I don't remember this at the Golden Jubilee, does anyone else remember?

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
I like the sound of Golden Jubilee Syrup! I have seen all sorts, but the kids bra's at Asda with matching pants were the tackiest so far

Squirrel-Nutkin

I've seen the mirror socks are on sell in wilkinsons and tescos - did wonder who would buy them though????!!!!????? mirror socks sound a bit weird????

Crazy Chilly

Veteran (100+ posts)
I bought some jubilations (celebrations but with different words and the words Diamond Jubilee on them).

My mum got me some bread the other day and we couldn't understand why the kingsmill bread said queensmill but now it makes sense!!

We also bought some PG Tips in a special jubilee tin.

Squirrel-Nutkin

union flag umbrellas spotted in tesco! sounds like tesco guessed what the weather forecast would be for a double bank holiday weekend! lol

Squirrel-Nutkin

actually walking around tesco... what surprised me were the jubilee'd products that weren't for sell!!!!!

such as smarties or m&m's in colours of red, white and blue (I was on look out for sweets for decorating cakes and biscuits and none were in the red/white/blue colour theme!!!!!) missed opportunity for both cake decorating and also party bags for kids

hundreds and thousands or the sugared toppings for cakes in star/butterfly or dot type shapes - couldn't find any what-so-ever in red/white and blue colour theme or even separate tubs of the different coloured (even in the coloured sugar range, all I could see was "pink"... no red or blue!!!!) actually ended up buying a multi-coloured pot of stars and will end up picking out the red/white and blue ones and saving the green and yellow ones for another day...

or even packs of pre-coloured fondant icing in red/white and blue.... or writing icing sets with red, white and blue...

cake toppers - severe lack of union flag or red/white/blue themed cake toppers!!!!!! (apart from on ebay, seen loads there) I reckon supermarkets would have sold loads if they'd sold packs of pre-coloured rice paper toppers!!!!!!

Chocolate Moose

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Sainsburys had red white and blue hundreds and thousands / sugar strands (one of those pots with four compartments with different types in) but I haven't seen them for about a month, I guess they didn't stock enough and they all got sold too soon :eek:s