• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What to bring for others

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Congratulations on the weight loss!

I'm sure all the uniform will find good homes but we will want to give something for it! I love the raincoat but look ridiculous in it so have resisted. I'm definitely interested in a fleece though!

I'm thinking of stealing a craft idea... something that Lette did with our Rangers. So if you have old nail polish that you're planning to throw away, please bring it with you. I would do camp beads too, but we won't have time for them to dry properly, I don't think.

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Chandra I would also love to have a look through your old uniform as I could do with another piece or two but also would like to give you something for it, even if its cake or badges :)

Chandra

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Chandra I would also love to have a look through your old uniform as I could do with another piece or two but also would like to give you something for it, even if its cake or badges :)
Cake??! Really? Lol

Tell you what I am raising money for Anthony Nolan so if people would like to make a donation that'll be great! (my cousin is in need of a bone marrow transplant so each £50 raised pays for someone to be tested and registered).

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
So if you have old nail polish that you're planning to throw away, please bring it with you.
I wish I had known sooner, I threw some old stuff out just last week. I'll see if there is any I have missed in my clear out or any that I don't like after all so would happily get rid of.

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
As a craft share, I'm bringing bits to make jigsaw piece butterfly pins - so I'll bring pre-painted white jigsaw pieces, colourful antennae wire and proper pin backs, a glue gun, perm pens and some odd bits and pieces of sparkly bits.

But if anyone has another glue gun ... and if people also want to bring their own sparkly bits that would be fab :) :)
I can throw our glue gun in for you.

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Cake??! Really? Lol

Tell you what I am raising money for Anthony Nolan so if people would like to make a donation that'll be great! (my cousin is in need of a bone marrow transplant so each £50 raised pays for someone to be tested and registered).
Lol I totally wasn't thinking most people appreciate cake! My bad, an apple? :p

Sounds like a really good cause

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
Congratulations on the weight loss!

I'm sure all the uniform will find good homes but we will want to give something for it! I love the raincoat but look ridiculous in it so have resisted. I'm definitely interested in a fleece though!

I'm thinking of stealing a craft idea... something that Lette did with our Rangers. So if you have old nail polish that you're planning to throw away, please bring it with you. I would do camp beads too, but we won't have time for them to dry properly, I don't think.
Is it really bad that I had to think very hard about what craft that is?!

kes120

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
okay thats my 'craft' sorted.... turkshead woggles and monkey ball fist knot anyone??? make lovely keyrings bit fiddly mind!

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
As a craft share, I'm bringing bits to make jigsaw piece butterfly pins - so I'll bring pre-painted white jigsaw pieces, colourful antennae wire and proper pin backs, a glue gun, perm pens and some odd bits and pieces of sparkly bits.

But if anyone has another glue gun ... and if people also want to bring their own sparkly bits that would be fab :) :)
Oh no, I saw this too late, I could have brought our unit glue gun but it's at our HQ. If I can get there before Friday I'll bring it along.

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Okay, I have a list of what I need to bring for others (badges, money, glasses, will look out shiny bits and the other stuff).
BUT, I after reading other threads on here I am asking if I need to stop at the big Tesco for anything as I pass on my way to the M23 (and also beciase it will remond me to turn left to get to the motorway the quick way rather than straight on for home and have to get to the motorway the round about way).