• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What's happening in TG's this year?

saintcath

Regular (50+ posts)
Well we have planned our programme

Whist (as per last year) and a tutorial session for all those non-whist players among us (ie me)
musical evening (same band as last year - 60's night it is then)
Christmas lunch and parcel at local football club (hope the footballers are training like they were last year :D )
4 speakers (hospital radio, local councillor, local charity workers)
Summer outing - to a distillery!! :D (might have to take a day off work for this one!)
lots of tea and cakes!

Okay I have just cheered myself up maybe there are a few meetings that are a bit "not my cup of tea!" but at least I can look forward to the Christmas lunch and Summer outing!!

My challenges this year - learn to play whist, not volunteer to help with hospital radio/charities (I have enough pull on my time!) and not to get drunk at the distillery!

I would put learn to bake a cake (or equivelent) suitable for public consumption but know that will need a lot more work as managed to break a pyrex dish last time trying to get the cake out of it! Think I'll stick to the Calendar Girls motto "if its a special occassion - get it at M &S!" for another year or so!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Liking the distillery!!!!!!!

With being a music TG, we are doing our usual thing ........... singing (eating and drinking).

ChrisA

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
And as a Narrowboat TG we will soon be going on our boat - most of us for 2 weeks - a long meeting with lots of eating & drinking!

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
We went bowling last night which was such a laugh (2 people fell over on the slippery lane) and 12 of us made our Promise (including me!). I love my shiny new red Promise badge, especially as I have lost my Brownie badge tab.

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm on / in the Internet TG ..... So we mainly say hello ....... But that's probably safer all-round compared to me singing or being on a narrow-boat :D

ChrisA

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I'm on / in the Internet TG ..... So we mainly say hello ....... But that's probably safer all-round compared to me singing or being on a narrow-boat :D
We have just had a 2 week meet5ing on our Narrow boat which was great but meant I missed the bowling meeting as mentioned above. We made our promises a couple of years ago as we went down the Anderton Boat Lift

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We have just had a 2 week meet5ing on our Narrow boat which was great but meant I missed the bowling meeting as mentioned above. We made our promises a couple of years ago as we went down the Anderton Boat Lift
Singing on a boat?! You'd have thrown me overboard by Day 2 :)

Seriously, I think there's a lot more (proverbial) singing of praises we ought to do for TGs - my mind has only been opened by being on this forum. Previously, I'd have assumed TG was "just" the retired leaders of the parish meeting for afternoon tea once a month, and being roped in to serve teas at guiding events ..... because that's what I saw my local one do!

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
In Stafford i write letter To TG but told could not join all member retider I was dispoint but Not sure if Longton go TG still no long students but feel should be group 39+
So carry be leader Of Rainbow guider

Last edited:

growlywench

Veteran (100+ posts)
In Stafford i write letter To TG but told could not join all member retider I was dispoint but Not sure if Longton go TG still no long students but feel should be group 39+
So carry be leader Of Rainbow guider
Yzz, I don't know why they have told you that, anyone over 18 can join the TG! If you'd rather be a member of TG instead of a unit leader (and sometimes your posts sound like you would find it easier to be able to try the activities yourself than to lead children who sometimes don't listen to you)., I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you find a group where you ARE welcome :)

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I not unit-leader just Rainbow Guider at movment and do covering in past stafford Rainbow. I still keep doing Rainbow as know short leader but sometime you just need adult group just meet up with cup coffee and cake.