• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Young Trefoil Guild

Pants

Beginner (10+ posts)
Can't see how to delete a post, sorry! I should've read more of the posts on this partic bit of the board and I would've found the answer I wanted before I posted this!!

Please ignore thread! Lol

Pants

Beginner (10+ posts)
Ooo look, I could do a thread all on my own!! I'm guessing the online one is no longer active as I've not had a response from the group. :(

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
Ooo look, I could do a thread all on my own!! I'm guessing the online one is no longer active as I've not had a response from the group. :(
I don't know for certain if they are still running, but you haven't given them much of a chance to respond! It has only been 2 days since you contacted them.

Pants

Beginner (10+ posts)
But cos it's a Facebook group, which has notifications, I had assumed someone might've responded, even if just to say its not still running.

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
P'ah. How can anyone survive without looking at FB at least twice a day?! :rolleyes::p;)
Because its not the only way in which we can communicate with other people ;)

I'm a member of the Internet (Facebook) Trefoil Guild, and I'll be honest with you - they seem a nice bunch of folk, but if you're looking for instant and immediate communication via this medium, then I'd probably suggest this group isn't going to be the best option for you.

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
It's active - but I'd say its more of a conversational group, there's quite a lot of us living overseas so it's not really a "meeting up and doing stuff" kind of group.

Bramble

Veteran (100+ posts)
Have you contacted your County Trefoil Guild chairman to see if there is a young Trefoil Group within your county that maybe you could connect up with? She may also know of a Guild near you that has younger members. If you don`t know who she is, contact the National Trefoil Guild website and they will put you in touch. it might be a good idea to contact them anyway and see if they can help you, as Trefoil Guild is keen to attract younger members.

Pants

Beginner (10+ posts)
I'll ask my DC this weekend cos I'll see her at sleepover. I'm pretty certain there's an 'old' one locally, but not much more. If she doesn't know I'll ask further.

fruityloop92

Veteran (100+ posts)
you always start one, or join the 'old one' in your area. If you manage to get a few younger members going, the perception of Trefoil Guild might change..... no promises though.....

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'll ask my DC this weekend cos I'll see her at sleepover. I'm pretty certain there's an 'old' one locally, but not much more. If she doesn't know I'll ask further.
It's only "old" because of who the current members are ;)
You make it "younger" by joining it ......

I don't know how old you are - but don't rule out an existing group based on age.
OK they might do activities that don't immediately appeal to you, but they're doing what appeals to current members - not a daft idea!
So if you or I became a member of that "old" group, we might suggest other ideas ......

You can often be more effective in changing something from the inside!